Strawberry Whole Grain Pancakes are a healthy way to start the day. These great-tasting pancakes are simple to make and cook in minutes.
Whole Grain Wheat Flour adds fiber and nutrients to your diet. It does not go through the refining process like all purpose flour so the fiber rich germ containing vitamins, protein and antioxidants remains in tact. These whole wheat pancakes are a great way to feed your family a healthy breakfast they will enjoy.
Roasted Strawberries make a perfect topping to the pancakes. They add a lot of extra flavor without being overly sweet.
If you are a fan of pancakes check out Red Velvet Pancakes, Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes, Caramel Apple Pancakes, Blueberry Cinnamon Pancakes, Gingerbread Pancakes , Strawberry Banana Pancakes and Banana Foster Pancakes.
If you want to try another healthy whole grain pancake, check out Blackberry Pancakes.
If you would like to try some other strawberry recipes, check out 20 Simple Summer Strawberry Recipes.
SOME THINGS TO KNOW: FAQ’S
- Whole Grain Sprouted Wheat Flour is similar to whole wheat flour. It contains the same nutrients, but has larger quantities of the nutrients and a slightly nutty flavor. Read The Benefits of Sprouted Flour to learn more about it.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
- Griddle or large skillet
- Metal spatula
- If you do not have whole grain wheat flour, you can use whole wheat flour in this recipe. The measurements will be the same. You could also use white whole wheat flour in the same proportion if you prefer.
- If you do not have Canola oil on hand, you can use another neutral oil such as Safflower oil, Vegetable oil, Soybean oil or Grapeseed oil.
- The whole milk can be replaced with low-fat milk, skim milk or half and half. Non dairy milks such as oat milk and almond milk would also work.
- You could substitute the honey with maple syrup, agave syrup or corn syrup.
HOW TO STORE STRAWBERRY WHOLE GRAIN PANCAKES:
- You can keep any leftover pancakes in the refrigerator for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
- You can freeze the Strawberry Whole Grain Pancakes for 2-3 months. To freeze them, place them onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place them into the freezer. Once they are frozen, remove them from the baking sheet and place them into an airtight freezer container. Return the pancakes to the freezer.
HOW TO REHEAT THE PANCAKES:
- Defrost the pancakes by placing them onto a wire cooling rack.
- You can reheat defrosted pancakes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the pancakes onto the baking sheet in a single layer and cove it tightly with foil. Place into the oven for 5-10 minutes until they are heated through.
Strawberry Whole Grain PancakesPrint This
- 1 ½ cups whole grain sprouted wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, diced
- non-stick cooking spray
If you will be making the pancakes in a few batches, preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can keep the pancakes warm in the oven until you have finished making all of them.
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the flour mixture well.
In a separate bowl, (medium bowl) beat the eggs with a wire whisk. Stir in the honey, milk, canola oil and vanilla extract.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently whisk them together, mixing just until combined.
Stir in the strawberries.
Spray a griddle or a large skillet with non stick cooking spray. Heat griddle over medium heat.
Pour ⅓ cup batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. Cook until the top of each pancake is speckled with bubbles and some bubbles have popped open, about 2 minutes. With a spatula, turn the pancakes over and cook until the underside is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven while you finish cooking the rest of the pancakes.
Serve the pancakes with roasted strawberries or maple syrup.