Homemade pumpkin bread is a great quick bread that is a fall favorite. It is made with the warm spices cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves which give it wonderful fall flavors. Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread takes the experience to another level with a vanilla flavored sweet cream cheese filling.
This moist pumpkin bread is very easy to make. The bread ingredients are stirred together in a bowl. The cream cheese filling does require a mixer or whisk to beat it together into a fluffy mixture. It would make a perfect fall treat for breakfast or a great snack with a cup of coffee. It is freezer friendly and can be frozen, well wrapped for up to 3 months.
If you prefer to make this bread without the cream cheese filling follow this Pumpkin Bread recipe. You might also like Acorn Squash Bread. If you want to try some other recipes for quick breads check out Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread, Date Nut Bread and Strawberry Streusel Banana Bread.
Pumpkin is a wonderful ingredient to bake with in the fall. If you want to try some other pumpkin recipes, check out Pumpkin Rolls, Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake, Pumpkin Creme Sandwich Cookies, Pumpkin Crumble Muffins, and Pumpkin Spice Ricotta Cookies. They are all fall baking ideas for pumpkin season.
SOME THINGS TO KNOW:FAQ’S
- Make sure your eggs are at room temperature before using them as they mix better and result in a smoother batter.
- Make sure that you are using pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling, which has added sugars and spices.
- Fresh pumpkin puree can sometimes be more watery than canned. You might need to strain it or reduce it on the stove to achieve a similar consistency to the canned version. Learn how to make fresh Pumpkin Puree.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
- 9×5 inch metal loaf pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium bowl for the cream cheese filling.
- Hand mixer or stand mixer or whisk
- Cooling rack
HOW TO STORE CREAM CHEESE PUMPKIN BREAD:
- The bread will stay fresh for up to a week in the refrigerator. Before storing, allow your Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread to cool completely on a cooling rack. Before refrigerating, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to preserve moisture. Then, for an added layer of protection, you can place it in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
- For longer storage, the Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread can be frozen. Wrap the fully cooled bread tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. For extra protection against freezer burn, you can then place the wrapped bread in a resealable freezer bag.
- If you’ve frozen your bread, the best way to thaw it is by placing it on a wire cooling rack at room temperature. This usually takes several hours.Properly stored, the bread can last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Cream Cheese Pumpkin BreadPrint This
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 8 ounce cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour a 9″ ×5 “inch loaf pan
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the canola oil, sugar and pumpkin and combine the wet ingredients well.
Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Combine the dry ingredients throughly.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
Beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer or whisk until it is well combined and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat in well.
Using a 1 cup measuring cup, add 3 cups of the pumpkin bread batter to the prepared loaf pan. Smooth it flat with a rubber spatula.
Spoon the cream cheese filling evenly over the bread batter. Smooth the cream cheese layer flat with a rubber spatula.
Add the remaining batter evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Spread it smooth with a rubber spatula.
Place in the oven on a rack that is placed in the center of the oven. Bake for 50-55 minutes until the top is completely set and dry.
Cool the bread in the pan for 15 minutes.
Remove from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.