Gazpacho is a cold, refreshing tomato soup that is perfect on a hot summer day. This healthy recipe is made with raw vegetables that are blended together.
This soup is very easy to make. There is a bit of chopping required but you can cut the vegetables into a bit larger chunks as they are being ground up. All of the ingredients go into a blender and are quickly mixed together. The tomatoes are important here as they are the main ingredient. Buy the best summer tomatoes that you can and make sure that they are perfectly ripe and at the peak of their flavor.
- 5 cups fresh tomatoes, cored, seeded and cut into chunks (2 pounds)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped (half of a large red bell pepper)
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper into your blender. Blend until smooth on liquefy or puree speed. Make sure that the mixture is entirely smooth.
This is best served chilled.