Zesty Lime Aioli is a simple, flavorful dip that can add flavor to so many dishes! With just 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of your time, you can create this dipping sauce.
This is a simple version of aioli. By using store bought mayonnaise instead of creating your own by combining raw eggs and olive oil in a food processor or with an immersion blender, it is foolproof, fast and safer.
This zesty Lime Aioli is a fantastic addition to your sauce and dip lineup. It is a perfect condiment for french fries or veggies. You can also use it as a sandwich spread, or even as a sauce for grilled fish or chicken. This creamy sauce would also make a good topping for shrimp tacos, fish tacos and burrito bowls.
Its tangy, creamy, and fresh flavors will elevate any dish. You can make this easy recipe a day ahead. It will become more flavorful as it sits.
This cilantro lime aioli sauce would also make a good swap in Aioli Grilled Vegetables.
SOME THINGS TO KNOW:(FAQ’S)
WHAT IS AIOLI?
Aioli is a Mediterranean sauce that is made with mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. It is a creamy , smooth paste with a lot of flavor, which makes it a nice accompaniment for the vegetables. If you want to learn more about Aioli, check this article out.
HOW DO YOU MAKE LIME AIOLI?
- Step 1: Mix the Ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, fresh lime juice, minced garlic, and chopped cilantro. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
Step 2: Taste and Adjust. Sample your aioli. If you prefer a stronger lime flavor, add a little more lime juice. For more of a garlic kick, you can add another minced clove. Adjust the aioli to suit your personal taste.
Step 3: Chill and Serve. Cover your aioli and refrigerate it for at least an hour. This allows the flavors to meld together beautifully. When you’re ready to serve, bring the homemade aioli out and use it as a dip or spread.
- If you do not have fresh garlic, you can substitute ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
- You could use fresh lemon juice and lemon zest instead of the lime.
- If you do not have fresh cilantro, you could add ½ teaspoon of dried cilantro. You could also use fresh parsley.
STORING LEFTOVER LIME AIOLI:
- You can keep any leftover aioli in the refrigerator for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
- This sauce cannot be frozen. The mayonnaise will separate and the consistency will change.
Lime AioliPrint This
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, fresh lime juice, lime zest, minced garlic, and chopped cilantro. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
Taste the aioli. If you prefer a stronger lime flavor, add a little more lime juice. For more of a garlic kick, you can add another minced clove. Adjust the aioli to suit your personal taste. You might also want to add ¼ teaspoon salt or black pepper.
Cover your aioli and refrigerate it for at least an hour. This allows the flavors to meld together beautifully.
Serve the aioli as a dip or spread.