Did someone say we should eat all colors? This Asian Slaw recipe is a fresh and flavorful way to do just that. The Asian inspired ingredients in the dressing are light and flavorful. The vegetables are a healthy and colorful combination. Good for you and pretty to look at. This would be great as a side dish with Korean beef.
Asian SlawPrint This
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cups savoy or green cabbage, sliced very thin or shredded
- 3 cups red cabbage, sliced very thin or shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Toss all the salad ingredients, except for the sesame seeds in a large bowl.
In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients, mixing well.
To serve, pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and mix well. Garnish the salad with the sesame seeds.