If you are a fan of Italian antipasto platters and pasta you are going to love this Tortellini Salad. This is an easy meal that is totally complete in one bowl. It has two kinds of pasta, meats, cheeses, fresh veggies, olives, and a garlicky oil and vinegar dressing.
A full recipe produces a huge bowl with eight servings. It’s a great dish for entertaining. The recipe can easily be split in half and still feed four people.
Pasta salads are really good anytime of year but a dish like Tortellini Salad is especially good in the summer when you want a flavorful meal that is not warm.
If you are a fan of pasta salads check out Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad, and Mediterranean Pasta Salad, and Italian Tuna Pasta Salad.
Tortellini SaladPrint This
- 1 pound tri color Rotini pasta
- 8- 10 ounce package cheese tortellini
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper,sliced thin
- 1 six ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 pound Genoa salami, cut into strips
- 1/4 pound Pepperoni, cut into strips
- 1/4 pound Provolone cheese, cut into strips
Cook the pasta and the tortellini according to the package directions. Drain, cool and place both the pasta and the tortellini into a very large bowl.
Pour the olive oil into a small saucepan. Add the garlic and simmer over low heat until the garlic just begins to turn golden. Be careful that the garlic does not actually brown or it will be bitter. Remove from the heat and let the oil cool. Add the red wine vinegar to the oil and combine well.
Add the red peppers, green peppers, olives, tomatoes, salami, pepperoni, provolone, Parmesan, and Romano cheese to the pasta and mix well. Add the oil and vinegar and mix well.
Refrigerate. Remove 30 minutes prior to serving.
I love just looking at this …