Coquito is a Puerto Rican holiday drink that is similar to egg nog but so much better!
It is a creamy rum based cocktail made with coconut cream, coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla and cinnamon. It is sweet and delicious and would make a perfect ending to a holiday meal.
It takes only a few minutes to put together a batch in a blender and can be made a couple of days ahead of time.
This is the creamiest, most wonderful concoction with a kick!
- 2 - 12 ounce cans Evaporated Milk
- 1- 15 ounce can Cream of Coconut
- 1- 13.5 ounce can sweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Sweet Condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon either ground cloves or ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup gold rum
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
Combine all ingredients, with the exception of the cinnamon stick in a blender. Blend on high speed for 2 minutes until well combined.
Pour the mixture into glass bottles. Add a cinnamon stick to each bottle if you are using them.
Refrigerate. It is best to do this overnight so the Coquito is very cold.
To serve, stir or shake the bottles. Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with ground cinnamon.