Cantaloupe Salsa is a great way to eat this summer melon. When perfectly ripened they are so sweet and delicious. Adding savory ingredients to them creates a delicious contrast.
This would be a fun salsa to serve with chips this summer and would make a great topping for grilled chicken or fish. Combining the melon with cucumber, red onion, bell pepper and cilantro makes it a great companion for a summer cookout. If you like a bit of heat, you can add a bit of jalapeño pepper to taste.
Cantaloupe SalsaPrint This
- 4 cups cantaloupe cut into ½ cubes, one small melon
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- jalapeno pepper,optional to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or less to taste
In a large bowl, combine the cantaloupe, cucumber, red onion. bell pepper and cilantro. If you like heat, add the jalapeno pepper. Remove the seeds for less heat.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, canola oil and salt.
Pour the dressing over the salsa and combine well.
This can be made slightly ahead of time but is best served the same day.