Baked Berry Pancake is a simple breakfast that combines fresh strawberries and blueberries in one large pancake that you bake in the oven. It is a great weekend breakfast to make on a Sunday morning that the whole family will enjoy!
The batter can be quickly combined in a blender or whisked together in a bowl. It is poured into a pie plate to bake.The fresh berries are sweetened and scattered over the batter. This berry packed pancake has a lot of flavor and makes a pretty presentation. This is a great way to feed a group! It is so much easier than making individual pancakes.
Served warm, straight from the oven, this Baked Berry Pancake can be sprinkled with powdered sugar or served with melted butter, maple syrup and some extra berries.
If you like blueberry pancakes, check out Blueberry Cinnamon Pancakes. It is a simple to make blueberry pancake recipe.
Check out 20 Easy Recipes to Make with Fresh Summer Blueberries for some other seasonal recipes to make with juicy blueberries.
If you are looking for some other easy breakfast ideas, check out 20 Fun Easter Breakfast Ideas. These recipes would be good for any time of the year.
SOME THINGS TO KNOW:FAQ’S
- Read Summer Berries 101 for tips on choosing and storing summer berries.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
- Blender or large bowl
- Oven-safe pan or pie plate
- If fresh blueberries and strawberries are not available, frozen berries can be substituted. Defrost the berries and pat away any excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Powdered sugar, confectioner’s sugar and icing sugar are all the same. You can use any of them if you want to sprinkle sugar over the top of the pancake.
- You can substitute whole wheat flour for the all purpose flour in the recipe.
- The whole milk can be substituted with skim milk, 2% milk or a non dairy milk such as oat milk or almond milk.
- Kosher salt can be substituted for the iodized salt.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER BAKED BERRY PANCAKE:
- Let the pancake cool to room temperature and place it into the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap , wax paper or in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze the pancake wrapped in freezer wrap or in an airtight freezer bag for up to 3 months.
HOW TO REHEAT LEFTOVER BAKED BERRY PANCAKE:
- Place the defrosted pancake into a preheated 350 degree oven on a baking sheet. Heat for 5-10 minutes until the pancake is heated through.
- You can reheat individual servings in the microwave, covered on a microwave-safe plate. Cook at 1 minute intervals until the pancake is heated through.
Berry Baked PancakePrint This
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, slice
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon iodized salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place the rack in the center of the oven.
Place the strawberries, blueberries, sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and combine well. Let them sit while you prepare the batter.
There are two ways you can prepare the pancake batter.
Place the canola oil, eggs, milk, flour, baking powder and salt into a blender. Process until it is totally combined and smooth.
Place the canola oil, eggs and milk into a large bowl. Whisk the wet ingredients until they are completely combined. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk in the dry ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
Grease a 9″ pie plate or baking dish with vegetable shortening or spray it with cooking spray, making sure that the entire surface is covered well to prevent the pancake from sticking.
Pour batter into the prepared pie plate. Stir the berries to make sure the sugar coating is sticking to them and spoon them evenly over the top of the batter.
Bake for 20 minutes until the top of the pancake is golden brown and springy. Oven temperatures can vary so you may want to start checking in on the pancake a few minutes early.
Remove the pancake from the oven and cut it into slices. You may want to sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top. Serve at once with butter, syrup and additional berries.