Chinese Chicken Salad is a flavorful salad with an Asian inspired dressing. Sesame, ginger, and peanut are the main ingredients and they create a dressing that is perfect with the shredded chicken and vegetables.
This is a hero dish. The dish that people ask for over and over and over. It is just that good. In case you are not familiar with this amazing Ina Garten recipe and somehow missed this. Here is is, my adaptation of her recipe.
This is a great recipe to prepare for a party. Chinese Chicken Salad is colorful and delicious and actually gets better as it sits for a while.
Chinese Chicken SaladPrint This
- 8 Boneless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb of asparagus, ends removed, cut into thirds diagonally
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
- 4 scallions (white and green parts sliced diagonally)
- 2 tablespoons of white sesame seeds
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons of dark sesame oil
- 10 tablespoons of honey
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of peeled, grated, fresh ginger
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub with oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 350 degrees, check at 25 minutes.
Set aside until cool enough to handle, then shred the chicken into large, bite sized pieces.
Blanche or steam the asparagus for about three minutes until crisp and tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking, drain.
Slice peppers into strips about the size of the asparagus.
Combine the chicken, peppers and asparagus into a large bowl.
Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Toss with the salad. Sprinkle the green onions and sesame seeds over the top of the salad.
If you are making ahead, reserve some dressing and redress when ready to serve as the chicken will absorb the dressing